⅓ c. Farmer Foodie Italian Herb Cashew Parm (plus more to top)
1 tbsp. Hot water
1 lb Penne pasta (gluten free optional)
1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
1 Shallot (diced)
3 Cloves garlic (grated)
2 tbsp. Tomato paste
½ tsp. Red pepper flakes (optional for extra spice)
1 c. Pumpkin puree
¼ c. Vodka
2 tbsp. Vegan butter (Titos, gluten free)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Mix 1/3 c. of Italian Herb Cashew Parm and 1 tbsp. of hot water with a fork until creamy and mostly smooth.
- Cook 1 lb. of pasta (gluten free optional) according to package directions in lightly salted water, reserving 1 c. pasta water when draining.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium deep skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Once heated, add the diced shallots and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the grated garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in 2 tbsp. of tomato paste, 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes (optional for extra spice), and 1 c. of pumpkin puree and sauté, bringing to a simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 c. of vodka and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the Italian Herb Cashew Parm mixed with water, 2 tbsp. of vegan butter, and ½ c. or so of pasta water. Simmer for a minute then taste and season with a pinch of salt and pepper if desired.
- Add the penne and mix with the sauce, adding more pasta water if necessary.
- Serve hot with extra Italian Herb Cashew Parm to top. Enjoy!